Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Analog vs Digital- Again

Codifus wrote:
Even though I've never listened to an SACD or DVD-A, I'm inclined to
beleive you about SACD sounding better than CD. I vaguely recall that
there is scientific evidence which shows that.

There isn't.

SACD seems to handle
transients much better than CD and DVD-A, so much so that the DVD-A spec
was corrected with a better reconstruction filter technology I beleive
by Meridian to make it handle transients better.

Where'd you get this from?

This sounds like the old 'square wave' demo, or Pyramix advertising, both of
which are communly used in flawed arguments.

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason