Kalman Rubinson

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:11:16 GMT, Steven Sullivan
wrote:

One certainly wouldn't make strictly on *how much software is available*.
Arguments for the *technical* superiority of DVD-A clearly should depend
on 'numbers'.

Sure, none of us used that argument. What we said was that there was
a preference for one medium over the other because there was more
enjoyable music available on that medium. Regardless of technical
superiority, the existance of listenable music is essential.

I own relatively few classical DVD-A OR SACDs. Of the former, my favorites
are areissue of a 1970s recording of Messiaen's 'Turangalila Symphonie' on EMI,
and a disc of electronic works by Morton Subotnik.

Yup. I prefer that Turangalila to the newer Chailly SACD.

Kal