Posted to rec.audio.opinion
R. Stanton R. Stanton is offline

Default Better Than ABX?

On Dec 8, 1:40 pm, " wrote:
R. Stanton wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:57 am, " wrote:
R. Stanton wrote:
On Dec 6, 5:28 pm, "Clyde Slick" wrote:
R. Stanton a scris:

Better than ABX?

ABX has become the standard test for comparison of audio components.LOL!!!!!

What is the standard for comparison tests?Your ears, your brain, your preferences, your sex, your age, your
genetic make up, your experience. Just like when you receive any other
aesthetic perceptions: different pianos, different flutes etc.. We're
all different, thank God.
Ludovic Mirabel

Your point would be true if we were using audio equipment to test human
beings. (We could do that by reversing the ABX test and check on how
well different people precieve differences in sound.)

We are discussing here, comparing audio equipment using a human being's
preception as part of the test. We are *not* comparing a human being's
preception with audio equipment.

Your reasoning is completely backwards!======================================== ===

If I understand you we're in complete agreement:

You say: We are discussing here, comparing audio equipment using a human being's
preception as part of the test. We are *not* comparing a human being's
preception with audio equipment.Just make it more precise by writing "using ONE (instead of A) human

being's perceptions".( I hope you'll not think I'm pedantic when I
correct your spelling).
With results valid for that (A) One human being's set of perceptions
Regards Ludovic M.

I want to thank everyone who participated in "Better than ABX". I
have learned a lot from your comments. Many of you were very helpful,
and even to those of you who weren't very smart, thank you for having
the courage to put forth your opinions.