Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Questions

петак, 30. јануар 2015. 18.45.44 UTC+1, JackA је написао/ла:
-- Why, for the life of me, can't agree with me that someone obliterated
Ringo's drumming and THAT is why decent stereo mixes will never be?!

Because that's not what happened. Because Ringo's drums do not sound like that in original recordings. In original recordings you can hear all the parts missing from that track, like a dot in a kick and stuff,
The track you presented sound as it does for couple of possible reasons, but two are the most appealing to me

1. Missing parts of drum's sound are spreaad over other tracks.
Actually, although counterintuitive, that is similar to what Scot says,
only observed from the other end of the deed done, as proposed in ...
2. One who mutilated the mix to make pseudo individual tracks out of it
relayed too much on artificial intelligence and not enough on ears and
knowledge.

Inspite parts of the sound missing, as if it was passed, at the same time,
through both Alesis compressor with gate and Sound Forge noise removal plug in,
one from 15 years ago, set at max, so the only full sounding percussion is
tambourine, drumming still sound extremly musical. That's because whoever did
the drumming was extremly musical person. You say it was Ringo, or you say it
wasn't Ringo, in that trak you posted?

In the end, there's always a possibility you are right in your claim, but then
there should be more drum tracks of this same song? Are there more tracks?
Before I hear them, I'll stay at my position thaat someone screwed it
up there at the place offering these trackss to public.