Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Questions

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 6:36:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
JackA:

I have more issue with how today's music sounds than
with how it originates, to be frank. There are some good
acts yet on the pop front: Mars, Cold Play, Adele, Sam
Smith, to name a few.

Okay. Don't follow much current music, but most of it (Pop) sounds like old clothes washers with an out of balance load, just constant thumping! Even the electric guitar seems to be quickly fading from Pop music. However, I can understand that, just like Big Bands are no longer wanted, the electric guitar has seen its better days, if you follow me.

If the labels really are driving most of this LOUD-AT-ANY
-COST(as compared to artists themselves), it's not
'serving the song' in any meaningful way.

Maybe a trend that will soon die. I mean, you don't see anyone dancing to music these days!!

Jack