Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Searching for a Term

Walt wrote:
On 6/9/2013 4:40 PM, Audio_Empire wrote:

A re-creation, perhaps? I have stereo direct-to-disc recordings
(made in the seventies/eighties) of both the Glenn Miller Band and
the Harry James Band.

I had the chance to work with the Glenn Miller Orchestra back in the
90's (providing sound reinforcement) Which I thought was pretty
impressive since Glenn Miller died in 1944.

Anyway, these 'ghost' bands often made recordings using modern
equipment, so perhaps that's one avenue to pursue.

You might want to check out the Beau Hunks, a '"documentary orchestra"
that performs note-perfect renditions of music which is obscure and
often commercially unavailable.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beau_Hunks

Wow - this is exactly what I am talking about! Thank you so much, and I will
be searching for some discs and see what the sound quality is like!

Gary Eickmeier