Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Best speaker under $1000/Pair

On May 18, 11:05*am, Boon wrote:
On May 18, 7:36*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On May 18, 12:50*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On May 16, 10:25*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
I'm curious what speakers people would recommend under $1000/pair..

These don't have to be current. If JBL L-100s are your thing they'd
qualify (I'm no fan of most JBL products, I'm just saying A/D/S or
other vintage designs qualify).

My personal take is that any good designer should be able to get good
sound on a "cost is no object" basis. What's interesting is the
compromises made to get the best sound possible for a reasonable cost.

The Vandersteen 1Cs are definitely one of the best.

Indeed. *I think that they are one of the best I've heard for the money.

I have four of them for my tv surround system.

Cool. Are you still using Vandersteen 3s for your main system?

no, Vanderdsteen 4's