Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monster RCA cables vs. regular RCA cables for analog devices

Let me make the point that for audio and even digital you do NOT want
"cable guy" coax with the solid center conductor. That is designed for
RF and will often be VERY microphonic on audio, plus as others noted
the shield is typically aluminum foil.

What you really want is cable designed to connect VCRs. These come in
straight video or triple ones like three coax wires glued together with
one Video and two audio lines. Get 'em cheap at your local Radio Shack
store! I got a huge box for next to free at a Radio Shack "tent sale"
and have been using them ever since. Even got gold plated RCA ends on
them. Much more flexible than any solid core wire and designed to do
the job. Well made and best of all, a fraction of the "monster" price.

Benj