Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Default Monster RCA cables vs. regular RCA cables for analog devices

Leonid Makarovsky wrote:
Lorin David Schultz wrote:
: On the extremely slim chance that you're not kidding, *GOOGLE* baby!

No, I wasn't. I didn't mean necessarily monster as brand name, but I meant
those thick RCA cables which are similar to Monster ones. So my
question is rather - old style regular RCA cables (L/R) vs Monster or similar
thick fancy cables. Is it waste of $$$$?

All I know that the old style thin cable can't be use to pass the digital audio
out for instance (I did try it).

IF you need to carry S-PDIF digital audio, or you need to carry video, then
you need a 75 ohm coaxial cable. It doesn't matter who makes it as long
as it has a real 75 ohm characteristic impedance. Buy the cheap Gepco
foamcore ones.

These are usually not very good choices for analogue audio, though. Different
materials for different jobs.

I need a lot of them and I don't want to waste $$$ where it's not worth it.

To do what?