Bill Ruys

Default Sound cards

As an M-Audio Delta 1010 owner, I can only speak for that brand of cards.

There are lots of reasons to go with a pro/semi pro card like an M-Audio
card. Driver support is one. ASIO, WDM, GSIF, etc drivers ship with the
M-Audio card, so you are more likely to find that the card works with the
full range of pro audio applications out there.

Low latency is another good reason. The M-Audio cards will run at 1 to 2 ms
latency. The best I've ever got out of a sound blaster is 10 ms. So if you
want to use soft-synths or audio FX in real-time within your audio app, a
pro card is going to work way better.

Also, I don't know about the Audigy, but the Delta cards will do +4dB
and -10dB for interfacing to pro and cosumer gear. The analog I/Os are
fully balanced so you can be sure of not running into problems with noise
induced into cable runs if you use TRS cables between your outboard preamps
etc and the Delta.

Bill Ruys.

"Marcos Marrero" wrote in message
om...
OK, please don't flame me but I have to ask this question. I'm looking
into the purchasing a sound card for recording music. The soundblaster
Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro looks like a good choice, but I've heard about
the Edirol and M-Audio "Professional" sound cards. What is yours guys
opinion? Which one should I go with. I've compared the soundblaster to
the other cards (Edirol, M-audio) and don't see much of a difference
at all. Help please!!!!