Ray B.

Default Can you run Phantom Power to non-condenser mics?

Well, I went ahead and ran the phantom power to my condenser and
non-condenser mic's, and everything seems fine.

I initially had some noise on one of the non-condenser mics, but after
changing cables, the problem went away. Everything sounds great...nice and
quiet.

George, try changing cables....you might have a bad one.

-ray

"George H. Sherlock" wrote in message
I also have a board with a power switch the problem I have is getting

noise
out of my speakers when I have the phantom power on. The noise is worse
when I have one or more of my Samson wireless mic's plugged in.

--
George H. Sherlock
"Ray B." wrote in message
Hey all.

Kind of a stupid question, but here goes (have mercy):

I have a mixer that has a "global" phantom power switch - i.e. when you

turn
it on, ALL the XLR balanced inputs on the board get 48v phantom power. I
have 2 condenser mics which need phantom power; but I also want to run a

few
additional non-condenser balanced mics (i.e. sm58's or similar) into

this
board.

So, my question is...do I risk any damage to either the mics or the

board
if
I run those non-condensor mics into a balanced XLR input that has

phantom
power turned on? I'd like to avoid having to buy 2 separate phantom

power
supplies just for those 2 condenser mics, given the fact that my current
board does have phantom power.

TIA,

ray