Mike Rivers

Here in Oregon wrote:
Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
recording with?

Will you publish the result of this poll?

For the record, most of the time, I record straight to 2-track with the
intent of burning a CD, and therefore use 16-bit 44.1 kHz.

For multitrack work with my Mackie HDR24/96, I usually use 24-bit 44.1
kHz just because I can, but I don't find the difference between 16- and
24-bit, with that recorder, in the circumstances in which I usually
record (not a dead quiet studio, usually on location with a fair amount
of ambient noise) to be earth shaking. Before I installed larger hard
drives in my Mackie recorders, I always used 16-bit to get 1/3 more
recording time on a disk when working on all-day shows.

I've never acutally used 96 kHz sample rate other than to see that it
works. And sometimes I record or mix to analog tape. No sample rate
needed.