Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

On 12/27/2019 9:15 PM, Tobiah wrote:
Good guess, but MIDI-OX (Thanks Mike) wasn't showing expected
data for a sustain press, so I did a factory reset on the So8.
I'm back to normal now.Â* MIDI-OX shows CC: Pedal (Sustain) and
my pianos work as expected.

Good. Glad to point you in the right direction. Sometimes it helps to
actually test what's going on, if you have the means to do it.

It's odd, because I only ever use the synth for controlling
things on my computer.Â* I don't have much occasion to consult
the synth's menus.Â* I don't know why something might have changed.

A wise friend once told me, back when we were first seeing digital audio
hardware and instruments, "If it has a processor in it, some time it's
going to bite you in the ass."

When the expected doesn't make sense, expect something unexpected has
happened.