Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

On 12/27/2019 2:41 PM, Tobiah wrote:
I'm not playing sounds through the keyboard, but going into
a sofware synth via usb MIDI out.Â* I see the midi light in the synth
flick when I press or release the pedal, but hear no change in
the piano sounds.

Try a MIDI running a monitor on your computer to see what MIDI message
is actually coming out of the keyboard when you press the sustain pedal.
The pedal may be mapping to something that your software synth doesn't
understand.

If you're using Windows, MIDI-Ox is good, provides understandable
results, and it's free:

http://www.midiox.com/