Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

I went to play a piano piece tonight, and the sustain pedal wasn't
working. Yamaha So8 - USB MIDI - Windows 10 - any program I try.

So I knew it was the pedal, because I've had it for around 20 years
and I've repaired it many times. After some work at the bench, I
decided that the pedal was fine. I rebooted everything and checked
again. None of my software would react to the pedal. I loaded a
piano sound into a popular software synth product, and I could see
its MIDI reception indicator blinking with each press and release
of the pedal, so I knew the signal was getting there, but no product
I have seems to react to the sustain pedal.

Voice of Vincent: Heeeelp Meeee.

Tobiah