Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

Default Bass Blockers - Type of capacitor to use?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to install some capacitors to serve as bass blockers for door
speakers in my car.

Since my car is parked outside a lot, it seems like it may not be a
good idea to use electrolytic capacitors, but instead use something
like ceramic or mylar which don't have a paste that could dry up in the
heat.

Can anyone help me determine whether this would work? Or must
capacitors in this role be electrolytic?

I've seen electolytic (must be nonpolar or bipolar) bass blockers work in
car doors for years here in Central Florida with no adverse effects.
I've installed for 27 years and do not recall a time where it looked like
bass blockers were heat damaged.