Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Best XLRs ?

On 5/06/2018 12:50 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
Also the boot materials decayed.

On 6/4/2018 4:56 AM, Trevor wrote:
But not as quickly with canon as the cheap imitations.

I know we're not talking about Neutrik XLRs here, but I've, on occasion,
over-tightened the "collet chuck" when trying to clamp a smaller
diameter cable than they're apparently designed for, broken the plastic,
and then the connector becomes useless. I never remember to ask if they
sell replacements for that part. I should. I save the pieces, but
usually that's the only part that breaks.

Neutik, Proel, Tasker - all the same sort of problem. The rubbery type
either just pull out (often fixable) or split/tear (not fixable), while
the harder plastic ones split/fracture.

Yes I've wondered if the rear caps are available separately, but have
never seen any suggestion anywhere that the are for any brand ...

geoff