Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default cassette conversion

In message , Scott Dorsey
writes
God, I hated cassettes.

Yes, and I'm perhaps in the same position as the OP. I have a bunch of
cassettes made of live shows. I used them to listen in the car to get a
feel for structure and problem areas before editing the master tapes for
broadcast.

I should be ashamed to admit that, when I saw a cassette to usb
converter in the local Aldi supermarket's remainder area for just under
5 UK pounds, I invested in it.

It's "good enough" and a very handy way of doing it. In my case, I dump
the audio into Audition, lay down the odd marker, and either store it or
put it onto something that will play in the car now.

I just couldn't be bothered fiddling with azimuth etc. for ultimate, but
still mediocre, quality.
--
Bill