Posted to rec.audio.pro
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Tinnitus?

Michael Dines wrote:

I only seem to get this sensation when I am tired and haven't had enough
sleep. Otherwise, my ears seem to be in excellent shape.

Does this sound like it might be tinnitus?

You get this when you're tired? Are you so tired that you're yawning?
That can do it.

Have you tried the "pinch your nose, close your mouth, and blow"
depressurisation trick? If that works it could be something to do with
sinuses or eustachian tubes.

No, it doesn't appear to be related to that, though it feels much like
it.

It's been quite unpleasant today - I woke up with it, and it didn't go
away. By the afternoon I resorted to earplugs, in an attempt to
counteract the one-sided feeling of deadness/fullness that is so
unpleasant. What I mean is, feeling it in just one ear is horrible.

In the last 45 minutes the feeling has slowly receded, though not
entirely.

I am pretty sure that its origin is neurological or nervous rather than
physical.

Daniele