Scott Gardner

Default Capacitor, how to find out what size?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:13:29 -0400, "MZ"
wrote:

In our cars, the only device that acts as a "voltage source" is the
battery, since it converts chemical energy to electrical energy AND
converts electrical energy to chemical energy. The alternator only
converts from mechanical energy to electrical energy, not the other
way around, so the alternator technically wouldn't be a "voltage
source".

The alt can also be considered a voltage source. The bidirectional thing
isn't a requirement.

I've always thought the bidirectional requirement was a little bit
arbitrary as well, but so far I've found it in three of my old
electrical engineering texts, so that's how I quoted it.

Scott Gardner