Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default How to perfectly clean wires in minutes

On 7/18/2017 10:22 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Good XLR connectors, though, will be silver plated and the black stuff is
conductive and shouldn't be a problem. If it is, a squirt of Deoxit (which
is a much more mild acid) and a q-tip will clean it up. If you are really
worried about it, you could use Tarn-X which aqueous and a little more acid,
and will deal with really crusty stuff.

They're Switchcraft, but they're very old. I think I'll try Tarn-X. It seems like I may have done that once before.

Cramolin did a great job cleaning these things. Deoxit is not as impressive. I guess the Freon mattered.