Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
JSVice JSVice is offline

Default To Knob or not to Knob

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:05:44 -0400, Romeo Rondeau wrote
(in article ) :

Mike Rivers wrote:
On Mar 19, 9:09 am, "Deputy Dumbya Dawg"
wrote:
Look into Cuebase IV. It has a new feature called the
control room. It will kill things like the big knob and
it is in the box.

Do you know what a Big Knob does? How can Cubase possibly do that in
the box? The Big Knob provides multiple inputs and outputs as well as
hands-on controls. I suppose that you could assign outputs of a multi-
out sound card to different speakers and have on-screen buttons to
mute and un-mute them, and have an on-screen volume and mute control,
and what about the RIAA equalized phono input? And the headphone
outputs? And talkback mic?

Doh! I guess you haven't looked at Cubase/ Nuendo's control room
section! I guess you will now :-)

Um, guys. I'm looking for a hardware solution.

Presonus makes something similar BTW.

Ty

I'm gonna have a Big Knob for sale here in a week or less. Just waiting on
my console to get in. I bought it new from Swee****er about a year ago.
Mint condition, and I still have the original box. Email me if you're
interested at

--
Thanks,
John