Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

Default To Knob or not to Knob

"philicorda" wrote in
message

: Seems to work well, though it's a lot of routing to
keep in your head.
: It certainly makes a mixerless very portable rig for
doing bands
: possible, which is why I'm interested.

I would be very interested to hear from a finikey
player that it is real "zero latency" Saw a demo once
where I could hear the guitar strings being scraped
before it came out of the monitors and the powers that
be swore that was "zero latency" They were telling it
to the guitar player who was struggeling to play his
bit and verbaly complaining about it. The bass player
couldnt care less.

The cuebase 4 demo I saw a couple of weeks ago used a
laptop and firewire to I think MOTU box but it was
playing through the flown house PA fifty feet away so
who knows. I ask the guy and he is playing through the
board not Cuebase. Go figure.

but there shure aint nothing like all the audio stuff
still working while the computer does it's "thing"

peace
dawg