Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

Default Wireless systems

Hal wrote:
Hi everyone,
This may be a bit off topic but here goes:
I am a sax player and want to invest in a wireless in-ear monitoring system
for myself in the $800.00 to $1200.00 range. I am currently looking at a
used Sennheiser EW 300 IEM system for $600.00. Anyone have experience with
these? In my price range it seems like it's either the Shure or Sennheiser.

Both are okay. Vega models turn up used in that range also.

The thing you need to worry about is frequency coordination. Get something
that will work over a range of channels, make sure those channels are usable
in your area and make sure they are going to stay usable. That means check
HDTV allocations; they're moving UHF TV stations around so channels that were
usable last week may not be okay in a year or two. The Sennheiser website has
some info on what's going to be a problem in various major US cities.