Arny Krueger

Default Stereophile still under Randi's radar

"paul packer" wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:27:36 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Mentioning "skeptic" and "truth" in the same sentence
can be dangerous to your credibility, Paul.

The fact is, I adopt a skeptical attitude whenever I look
at any issue. Anyone who doesn't in these days of so much
charlatanism and deception is a fool. But why should my
skeptical attitude ultimately prevent me from accepting
the truth or value of something? Unless one has turned it
into some kind of creed or religion that causes a skewed
vision of things, skepticism should merely be a defence
against gullibility and a spur to investigation. In other
words, I regard skepticism as a tool to get at the truth,
not a contradiction of it.

OK Paul, so your skepticism has this gigantic blind spot
when it comes to audio.

Reality just is.

Here's a news flash: Exactly what reality is depends on
your viewpoint, Paul.

Not really, Arnie. You see different things at different
times, depending on your mental state/level of
consciousness. But that doesn't in any way change what is
actually there.

I never said it did.

However you may percieve it, the thing
itself is a constant.

Unless it is varying, which almost everything is.

Two people may perceive something
ten different ways, but the reality of the thing remains
as before--beyond the vagaries of perception and
untouched by your particular perception, which in fact
has only to do with yourself.

Paul, you never studied modern physics, I take it.

That's misinterpreting reality.

Whose reality would that be?

The ultimate one.

Are there others?