Arny Krueger

Default Stereophile still under Randi's radar

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"paul packer" wrote in message

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:19:47 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

(1) If a so-called skeptic reports similar impressions
to a non-skeptic, then he's obviously not really a
skeptic.

Really, Arnie? What if the phenomenum both are observing
exists?

OK Packer I take pity on you and now I spell it out for
you:

Skepticism is a world view. Everything the skeptic sees
is affected by his world view, just like everything a
non-skeptic sees is affected by his world view.

A skeptic and a true believer looking at the same thing
can't possibly have the identically same impressions of
it.

A true believer sees a full glass of water and has the
impression that the glass is full. A skeptic sees a
glass of water and has the impression that the glass
appears to be full.

Arny, you are such a paradox.
The above is a very sophisticated worldview.

Really? I think it's pretty simple.

But it appears to me that you except yourself from it.

Hey Robert all sorts of things seem to appear to you that
don't actually exist.

You appear to your adversaries on this group to be a
true believer.

Believer in what?

I anticipate your reply would be, "these are opinions you
get to have."

I was thinking more along the lines of "You get to be
wrong". ;-)

If that is so, then my reply to you is, somewhere in the
process of getting these opinions, you picked up the
mental baggage of a true believer.

Speaks to your inability to relate to people as being
cohorts, Robert.

This is a shame. With your apparent grasp of the
subtleties, much more is open to you.

Much more than what?

But thanks for perceiving that I may actually know something
of value, Robert. I guess. :-(