Arny Krueger

Default Stereophile still under Randi's radar

wrote in message
oups.com

Chevdo wrote:
John Atkinson is not expressing 'opinion' in Stereophile
when he allows the publication of articles which claim
that magic stones and tice clocks work.

When did I do that, Chevdo? Following Stereophile's
coverage of the Tice Clock, Tice canceled all of its
advertising and has
had nothing to do with the magazine since. Regarding the
Shakti Stone, I had it reviewed by two people, one a
high-end true believer, the other a skeptic.

Given the low standards demonstrated by Stereophile when it
comes to audio skepticism...

Both reported similar impressions, which I admit I found
surprising.

(1) If a so-called skeptic reports similar impressions to a
non-skeptic, then he's obviously not really a skeptic.

(2) A true skeptic does not believe in anything but
skepticism, and he should be in doubt about that.

(3) A true skeptic will not affirm anything, he'll just
report his momentary inability to find any definate reason
to say that its all in error.

You can find the entirety of Stereophile's
coverage of these products in the magazine's free on-line
archives at www.stereophile.com, BTW..

FWIW...