Scott Dorsey

Hey Everyone. I can't seem to find the answer and/or product to
satisfy my needs: a phantom power filter/remover.

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Blocking caps will remove DC, but that won't do anything for the thump
when you power it on. A transformer will remove DC, but again you need
to plug it into the power supply first, then plug the mike into it, because
it doesn't do anything about the thump from an imbalanced phantom supply.
And, unless it's an RCA mike with a center tap that hasn't been lifted,
the power-on-thump from a badly built phantom supply with mismatched
resistors is the only problem.

What is this mike, anyway? If it's an M-500, don't worry about it.