Phil Allison

"Logan Shaw"

Someone will, I hope, correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just
lift the ground and go with a floating ground? The potential is between
pin 1 (the ground) and pin 2 and between pin 1 (the ground) and pin 3.
There is no potential between pins 2 and 3 because there are equal
value resistors between them and the +48V of the phantom power.

I'm assuming, of course, that cutting the ground near the mic will
still provide you with adequate noise shielding, etc.

** Why don't you try out your own idea and check your assumption ???