Bob Urz

Chris Breitner wrote:

Hey Everyone. I can't seem to find the answer and/or product to
satisfy my needs: a phantom power filter/remover.

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Thanks,
Chris

If its your board, go into one of the channels and remove the two
phantom resistors from the channel you want to use the ribbon on.
It will just cost you some time (if you know what your doing that is)

Otherwise, a good isolation transformer as some else suggested externally

Bob