Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Syncing audio and video for casual production

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

2) Do some 1930's stuff and use a slate board and worry
about the sync later. Nope. I don't have that much time.

Clapper boards are not just '1930s stuff' They also give a visual ident
of scene number etc.

I never got that. Here in the US, we have slates. In the UK you have
clappers. We have a PA doing the slating, but in the UK you have a
clapper girl. Sometimes the clapper girl is a young man.

Best slate ever: http://www.panix.com/~kludge/lizard13.jpg
(It's an MOS slate without a clapstick though.)
--scott

;-)

Everything like that varies country by country as well as even between
companies.

Remember doing one shoot on video (so no clapper board) where the PA (or
rather script supervisor in the UK) logged the TC of each take. But the
editors still wanted a verbal ident on each take. And the boom op got this
job - as he was obviously always fairly close to a mic. And you wouldn't
believe how difficult it was for some to remember shot and take numbers.
;-)

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.