Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Syncing audio and video for casual production

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

2) Do some 1930's stuff and use a slate board and worry
about the sync later. Nope. I don't have that much time.

Clapper boards are not just '1930s stuff' They also give a visual ident of
scene number etc.

I never got that. Here in the US, we have slates. In the UK you have
clappers. We have a PA doing the slating, but in the UK you have a
clapper girl. Sometimes the clapper girl is a young man.

Best slate ever: http://www.panix.com/~kludge/lizard13.jpg
(It's an MOS slate without a clapstick though.)