Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How do sound decibels add together?

Don Pearce wrote:
On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 07:54:31 -0700, (hank alrich)
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

On 3 Sep 2014 09:28:12 -0400,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:12:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Don Pearce: Got a problem with basketball? Where is "over here", man?

No problem with it - apart from the extreme tedium of course. Over
here is England.

It's true that the British don't seem to go in for loud games that are
played inside. Given the climate, this rather surprises me.
--scott

We didn't build the world's greatest empire by staying indoors just
because it wa a bit damp and chilly outside.

Your empire sucked then as ours does now. But I grant y'all a need to
get out of doors, for any reason.

All empires suck - it's the nature of the beast.

They do and they don't. Archaeologists claim that
regions that were conquered by the Mongols showed more material
prosperity after the conquest.

You were on the Mongol trading network after....

Empire = oppression
every time. There's no excuse.

What about "fits of absent-mindedness"?

I don't know if it's possible to have empire without being inherently
Mercantilist but it's be interesting to know if that looks like
post-War Germany or Japan.

Les Cargill