John L Rice

Default Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4

You don't need an internet connection to register XP. You can just call the
phone number on the screen and then follow the automated voice prompts and
say out loud the code on your disc packaging. Then the robot lady tells you
the numbers to enter into the prompt on your screen and everything works.
Very easy and painless. If you re-register it to many times you get sent to
a big mean man who asks you 'what the **** is up?' and you tell him you keep
re-installing it over and over again on the same machine because trying to
get everything installed and working properly together is as easy as
sticking one hand up yer ass and tying a dental floss bow around a turd. He
then says 'you sound cute, would you like to attend tonight's opera with me
as my special guest' and you say no thank you and he says 'here's your
registration code sweetie, don't be a stranger'

I think it's passed my bed time . . . . .

John L Rice

"Justin Ulysses Morse" wrote in message
The one good reason I can think of for running Windows 2000 is if you
have more computers than Windows licenses. W2K lets you break the law,
XP does not.

XP will supposedly quit working if it goes a certain amount of time
without connecting to Microsoft to confirm your registration. Which
can be a problem if you don't connect your computer to the internet.
You know, like if it's a special-purpose machine in a recording studio
or on the Space Shuttle.

ulysses

In article , Oistein
wrote:

I'm sure this subject has been discussed before. I'm just curious if

there's
any reason to use Windows 2000 over XP anymore. Everything seems to be
directed towards XP now. Toutorials, drivers and whatnot. I guess I'm

asking
if absolutely everything that says XP works 100% with Windows 2000 too.

Any
give and take factors I should be aware of in this evaluation?