George

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

Blind Joni wrote:

the lopsidedness of what the U.S. has been consuming in energy
resources for many years now is disgraceful

What are you ****ed at me for? I wasn't trivializing anything jsut stating
perspective based on the state of affairs. In my limited understanding the
US
uses about as much energy percentage wise as it produces relative to the
world
as a whole.

Change 'produces' to 'controls' and you're getting close.

I also thought we were one of the "cleanest" countries around..or
I would hope we are after all this time of environmental awareness.
Is this not the case?

Not even close.

I got a lesson in coporate ways this weekend
I did a county harvest festival and the Parks and rec guys were all
driving these electric egg shaped buggies(as opposed to the golf carts
of past years)
The director told me that they were DONATED(beacuse at 7000$ each none
were selling)
but the car company(I think it was GM) was trying to get enough of them
in circulation to raise their coporate fuel mileage average
it seems you can make lots of piggish SUV as long as your overallfleet
mileage average fits the governments mandates
George