Roger W. Norman

Ah, a topic I really can talk about. Yes, the studies have said that Kyoto
wouldn't change things all that much, and that's why I've said that it's not
worth changing economical structures in order to do 1% better. With the
implementation of Kyoto the outcome would be that no one would adversely be
affected but the major petrolium users, so that means us. Since most of the
technology in the world comes from us, it doesn't make sense to deny the
world the possibility of coming up with technology that would free the world
from the oil constraints.

It also doesn't do anything towards lessening global warming because
countries that are signatories of the accord could sell off their overages
to countries that had deficiences, thus allow countries like India and China
to continue to over produce CO2 while countries in Africa who don't burn
anything worth concern could profit from selling their own underages and the
world would still be the same.

Not much new here.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
I was prompted to read the article on Global Warming in the Sept. issue of
Nat.Geo.
Very well done and informative. I believe that my point in mentioning it

in the
first place was misconstrued a bit.
To clarify, I am not disputing that the globe is apparently warming. The

point
I was making is that I don't see the productive side of getting personally
offended when someone doesn't share someone else's personal

concern..meaning:
The globe is warming, causes are many, varied and open to discussion.

Quoting
from the opening of the Nat. Geo. article..
"But even Kyoto would barely slow the rise of heat trapping gases.

Controlling
the increase ' would take 40 successful Kyotos,' says Jerry Mahlman of the
National Center for Atmospheric research. But we've got to do

it."..HOW????
I driver a fuel efficient car, I insulate my structures correctly, I

recycle
and I've just signed up to buy my electricity from renewable sources. If

we all
do all we can, it will still take immeasurably more to make a difference.

don't see how blaming someone for not lamenting life because they can't

stop
Global Warming is helpful.
I find that worrying about things I can't control usually keeps me from

action
in an area that I can make a difference in.
Anyway....

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.