Eddie Runner

Default Physics of bridging an amplifier - was: Damping MaterialQuestion

Scott Gardner wrote:

Liz - I'm saddened to hear that the JL techs were arguing with you
about how amp bridging works.

Liz..????????????

No Scott, it was me! Eddie Runner!

In the old days EVERYONE said inpedance halves when bridging
an amplifier (thats how bridging works)... Many amp manuals
said so.. Many web sites said so. Most all installers said so...
And RAC said so every day!

Anyone that was around back then will remember my relentless
debates and arguements over why it was not so... It is doubling the
voltage, not halving the impedance!

If youve been around to see me in some big arguements here then
let me tell you the recent arguements are nothing compared to the
size and length of the arguements over bridging that we used to have,
those were the whoppers!! Since EVERYONE was against me, I
sometimes argued against 5 or 6 guys at the same time, it was
overwhelming but I stuck it out and eventually won just about everyone
over to the truth....

Alot of folks back then called me the bridging guy.

After a while when someone would come on and say bridging halves
the impedence, someone would say DONT LET EDDIE SEE YOU
SAY THAT!! ha ha ha

Nowdays I almost never hear that anymore... For a while I know folks
were afraid I would jump on them if they said it... ;-) Now, it may just
be because amps arent bridged that much anymore, the class D amps
are so common......

Get it right in the history books, it was Eddie Runner, not Liz!

Eddie