thelizman

Default Damping Material Question

Fred wrote:

Its purpose is to reduce standing waves within the enclosure that would
affect the frequency response. This applies to mid-to-high range of the
audio spectrum. I don't think distortion is an issue.

At lower frequencies where standing waves and reflections aren't an issue
because the enclosure dimensions prevent them anyway, the addition of
damping material will increase the enclosures effective size

How many 15 foot subwoofer boxes have you ever seen? It's not about
"standing waves", unless you're building a full range box.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.