Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Bogen GCU250

On 9/4/2014 9:50 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
Has anyone here tried the Bogen GCU250 gooseneck microphone for male voice? I need a small unidirectional mic for
on-camera work, but since the audio is used independently of the video as well, a typical PA mic is not a good idea. The
specs look good, but that usually doesn't mean much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bogen-GCU250...-/230341555844

I think this is the same microphone from China that is being resold by
a bunch of vendors... but I think it's probably okay as a lectern mike
on-camera. It's going to pop pretty easily but you don't have to get it
so close that it's a problem.

My inclination for a lectern thing with a male voice would be to use
something like an E/V ND468 since it is a very low profile and can be
pulled way back, but the output level isn't anywhere near as high as
that Bogen condenser would be and that is an issue with a lot of video
cameras if you aren't using an outboard mixer.
--scott

I haven't seen the ND468 in person. Is it quite small? It appears to be rather large in the picture.