Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret Ludwig[_2_] Bret Ludwig[_2_] is offline

Default NFB windings, was there a US style and UK style?

I owned a Marantz 8B in the day, I would have thought it would have received
high marks from Patrick, at least as high he would give any commercial product. *
It even uses the sort of circuit he espouses, I'm not sure if the OPT would be
up to his standards though.

I never heard of the Marantz 9 or 9C?

God catch. The 7 and 7C were the preamps, they are suspiciously
identical to the Mc C22, but better built and several years earlier.
The 7T is the solid state version and not a bad pre itself.

The 9 (no 9B or 9C) was a power amp and does not sound all that
great, but looks impressive. The 10 and 10B were the tuners, with a
scope, which impresses the unwashed. The later Day Sequerra has a spec
an, shich is more useful, but not as well desgned as what's in most
communications service monitors.