Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default NFB windings, was there a US style and UK style?

In article ,
Bret Ludwig wrote:

*Saul Marantz (yes, I know) was determined to make the finest quality
hi-fi equipment and spared little in the quest to do so. His build
cost was double and then some of what his nearest competitor,
McIntosh, spent per unit.

I've never wanted anything made by Marantz, could always have been a
lot better.

Have you ever seen a marantz 2, 5 or 8B amplifier or a 9 or 9C
preamp???????????

I owned a Marantz 8B in the day, I would have thought it would have received
high marks from Patrick, at least as high he would give any commercial product.
It even uses the sort of circuit he espouses, I'm not sure if the OPT would be
up to his standards though.

I never heard of the Marantz 9 or 9C?

--
Regards,