Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret Ludwig[_2_] Bret Ludwig[_2_] is offline

Default NFB windings, was there a US style and UK style?

*Saul Marantz (yes, I know) was determined to make the finest quality
hi-fi equipment and spared little in the quest to do so. His build
cost was double and then some of what his nearest competitor,
McIntosh, spent per unit.

I've never wanted anything made by Marantz, could always have been a
lot better.

Have you ever seen a marantz 2, 5 or 8B amplifier or a 9 or 9C
preamp???????????

I don't think they ever sold them in Australia.

Maybe you are unaware that before the Japanese bought them they were
US made and quite expensive.

The reissue Mc 275s are not very good as compared to the originals
except for the chassis.