Scott Dorsey

\"Granma\" Dave Schein II, CSO wrote:
wow! NEAT!

A question about the Leslie, though: I thought the Leslie had two speakers,
one high and one low, rotating at user-defined rates. Would that cause
Doppler, or simply a tremolo effect based around the directionality of the
speaker? I.e., if the speaker is pointed away from the microphone (or ear),
the volume would be softer, and vice-versa?

This is true, but the pitch also changes as the thing rotates. Play a
note, and you not only hear tremolo caused by changing amplitude, you
also hear vibrato caused by changing frequency. This is part of why the
Leslie is so hard to model accurately and why most of the Leslie simulators
don't sound like the real thing.