DrBoom

(hank alrich) wrote in message . ..
Jay Kadis wrote:

I want consumers to have an alternative to highly-advertised product that
they can also consider buying because they know it exists.

A few million songs per year... how will we find them? Especially if
they're not being advertised?

Funny thing here is that none of that stuff reaches me. We don't access
any major entertainment avenues. I can still easily find more good music
than I can afford to buy. But ****, I could do that if the rules after
"nothing recorded after 1945".

We can talk distribution, any variety, we can talk major label
exploitation and lethargy, anything we want; but in the end we are
becoming a nation at large of mindless couch jockeys too lazy to think
for ourselves, but with lots of deeply held opinions formed two minutes
ago fed via our immediate media chow. This is not likely to become a
"good intellectual and spiritual weather this century" forecast.

Great balls of fire, Hank -- great post, especially that last line.

-DrBoom