hank alrich

reddred wrote:

"EggHd" wrote...

That's nitpicking, you have your answer.

That's silly. Unlike you I met with String Cheese Incident

Will you cut that **** out? It's unbecoming.

It puts some things into important persepective. Some people here are
not speculating about how the business works, nor about who did what
when, nor how they did it; they know exactly whereof they speak from
firsthand experience of being in the business, and in some cases from
being directly involved with the very artsits under discussion in a
given thread. Like this here thread, for specific instance. What the man
has to say is more relevant than my opinion about how the Cheese does
their biz.

when they were looking for a record deal years ago and know exaclty
how they do business and where their audience came from and it wasn't
free mp3's.

Who said mp3's? Not you. But I am 100 percent certain that college kids
trade free mp3's of string cheese incident, which is part of word-of-mouth,
and without that mechanism when SCI played, they wouldn't go.

And those kids found those songs before String Cheese had already found
a huge audience for their live shows?

--
ha