George

In article
,
"Bob Olhsson" wrote:

"EggHd" wrote in message
Not so. I am saying these bands (take the dead out) built the touring

base
before giving music away.

FWIW, the Dead had built their touring base long before they ever allowed
taping. The only reason they finally set up a taping section was so they
could stop tapers from beating up on people who were sitting in favorable
seats. They stood to lose more from a reputation for people being assaulted
at their shows than they did from lost record sales.

The idea that the band prospered from giving away their music is pure bunk.

I remeber having a hollowed out crutch to carry my mics in and then get
them up in the air
we used to wrap mic cords around our then not so large mid
sections,little sony d5's taped to our inner thighs
you are correct they did not just embrace bootlegging thier shows
George