Geoff Wood

Default Advantage of tape over MD?

"Teemu Torma" wrote in message

In fact I can't believe that anybody could be that dumb, and that you

must
actually be a USENET troll.

For Myke's defend I must say that he seems to normalize the whole disk at
once, not individual songs.

If you look at some of his posts, that is exactly what he is doing. However
he seems to have moderated this slightly wrt his latest DSOTM slant, though
he is still thinking that 4dB difference in peak level is somehow the
difference between caviar and ****.

He also refuses to comprehend that such recordings' dynamic range is limited
by the original source tapes, and that it is not necessary (or desirable)
for every piece of music to utilise all the 96dB dynamic range available on
CD. He has had it explained, been pointed in the direction of clear concise
factual explanations, and still refuses to attempt to comprehend where he is
totally missing the point.

Such stubborness is beyond the realms of likelihood, especially considering
the effort he (misguidedly) puts into his music , and I suspect he is merely
posting these ridiculous outrageous things to prompt responses and get peope
het up (trolling). Then he tries to exacerbate things by starting an
OS-religous war.

Naaa, I give up.

geoff