Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

Default 4-track cassette deck recordings

"Chris K-Man" wrote in message

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 5:11:31 PM UTC-4, polymod wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote in message ...
I saved up for an eternity when I was a kid and bought a Yamaha MT1X. I
studied
its operation and poured over the block diagram until I understood exactly
what it could do.

I made few recordings with it that were of any note, and none survive.

Does anyone have any examples of interesting recordings that were
made with a similar deck?

Well, I don't know if I'd call this interesting, and I'm sort of
embarrassed
to post this due to the obvious mistakes, bad quality, and numerous
plosives, but here goes.
http://sonicmusic.net/I'm_Mad.mp3

Recorded back in the late 70s on a Tascam Portastudio 244 using a Roland
TR606 drum machine, G&L F100 series II guitar, Minimoog bass, Fender
Rhodes
and a Prophet~5 (used as an attempt to fortify a weak drum track).
I had my wallet stolen at work and wrote/recorded this song when I got
home.
A very far cry from my progressive rock roots, but this was the only thing
have left of the portastudio recordings. Too many years, too many moves.

(ducking from thrown debris) Poly

Very clean and open sound! Not slammed to the walls as it seems
required nowadays

Considering it was recorded on a cassette, then mixed to a cassette, and sat
in a drawer for over 40 years, it's a wonder there's any fidelity at all ;-)
Thank you.

Poly