Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default Turn MP3 inot CDDA disc

On 27/05/2020 12:55 am, wrote:
I have a 2hrs mp3 I want to edit to a 70 minute regular audio CD. I have VLC
and Windows media player. Sound Rec from MS might edit it if it is a WAV. Is
CDDA really WAV?

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com

Possibly over-thinking things.

CDDA is effectively 44k1/16-bit/stereo linear pcm, which is a common WAV
format.

the MP3 into linear pcm for editing purposes. The edited file can
usually be burn directly to Audio CD from there, the 'housekeeping' wrt
specs being applied automatically. Various editing apps (even free ones)
have different abilities when it comes to additional functions such as
adding track markers etc.

If no actual editing required, simply load the file into WMP,
right-click, choose 'More Options', click on the 'Burn' tab, and Bob's
your uncle.

geoff