TCS

Default John Mellencamp Attacks President Bush In Open Letter

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:55:35 -0400, Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"TCS" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:38:41 -0700, Michael Mckelvy

wrote:

a failing economy,

Rebounding nicely. John should stick to what he knows.

I've been hearing that for 2 years now. The economy isn't close to
recovering from the hysteria after 9/11.

Actually 9-11 has little to do with it.

The hysteria after 9-11 had everything to do with it.

I was job hunting at the beginning of 2002. Went looking for
"engineering,software", "EDP", "programming", "software engineers",
"computer..." and the rest of the other titles for software development
jobs. There wasn't ONE. Scanned the entire job ads from A to Z and
there wasn't a single software development job ad.

That was february 2002. In my 20 years experience, this has NEVER
happened before. Even now there aren't 25% the listings there were in
any given sunday from 1981 to 2001.